Friday, December 14, 2007

My Purpose

I am new to the blogging world. I am beginning this blog mainly because, in the spring, I will be teaching a course on international trade at George Mason University's School of Public Policy. I thought a blog would be a great way to inform my students about events they might be interested in attending, groups they might want to join, and posting various readings and articles of importance to the class.

My purpose is also to learn for myself about new media and communicating through new media. I have a great friend who works for Sun, and she was the one who opened my mind and made me think that I should blog as a way of communicating with students, and anyone else interested! She has a great blog, a blog I love and now have an addiction for (and not just because I have been mentioned twice!). You should definitely check her out at http://blogs.sun.com/mary/. She gave me great advice for blogging: authenticity and frequency. I will adhere to those principles to the best of my abilities!

It is a glorious day in Arlington, Virginia today (despite dire predictions for an incoming storm). A perfect day for rake leafing and other need yard work. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now remember, because of your great friend at Sun, you have more than just your students reading your blog. No pressure or anything.