Monday, December 17, 2007

NYC for the Holidays

I have just returned from a weekend in NYC. Growing up in Connecticut we went to NYC frequently. We had a family tradition of going to the city at holiday time, strolling 5th Avenue, gawking at the moving windows and the skaters at Rockefeller Center, and perhaps taking in the Nutcracker. I have tried to continue this tradition with my kids, even though the trip is a bit longer. We went this weekend, met my mom and Leo (her SO), and had a perfect day. We found parking for $12 all day. We ate at a deli. We saw an amazing model train display at the Citicorp Building. http://dunhamstudios.com/cititour.htm. We saw the moving windows at Saks and Lord and Taylor (Lord and Taylor's are the best, our family decided). We watched the skaters under the big tree at Rockefeller Center. http://www.rockefellercenter.com/home.html. We saw the Grinch on Broadway. We ate at Maria Pia (chosen, of course, because my name is Maria!) and we had perfect, cold, crisp weather. Perfect, just perfect. Anyone who can should visit New York during the holidays!

I am also jazzed today because one of my favorite people has agreed to guest lecture during my teaching experience. He is an amazing IP attorney who works for Microsoft, and one of the kindest, smartest people I will ever know. My students are in for a treat this spring!

No comments: