Friday, February 8, 2008

Inspiration

I had an amazing, girl-power day yesterday! I pulled my girls and a friend out of school WAY early to go and see, hear and meet Hillary Clinton. What an inspiration for us! She is so brilliant and gracious. And overall, it was just an incredibly special experience for my young girls to see the political process up close and working, regardless of the candidate. But of course I was thrilled for them to meet and listen to what could be the nation's first female president - they truly got the message that they can do anything from her! She is such a wonderful role model for them. And, of course, she is just so knowledgeable and smart on the issues, and is actually a great speaker. She gets panned for her speaking abilities so often in the media, I was actually surprised (pleasantly so, of course) at the extent to which that characterization is not true. She was also incredibly gracious with my girls and their friends, signing autographs, posing for pictures, shaking hands (which my older daughter then refused to wash all night!) She enthralled my older daughter, who listened carefully to her speech, asked questions about it afterwards, and parsed the issues and ideas. An amazing day!

1 comment:

Mary Smaragdis said...

SO cool!!! SO Very, Very cool!!!

Mary