Monday, January 14, 2008

Changing the World, One Snow Ball at a Time

As you know, my inspiring daughters BOTH gave up birthday presents to raise money for the planet on their most recent birthdays. Most recently, my youngest asked party attendees to bring donations for the Pew Center on Global Climate Change. http://www.pewclimate.org/. We had the party. I have to confess, I was sort of the mother of they year on this one. She really wanted a "snow" party, and to have a snow ball fight. It is not anywhere near snowing in the DC Metro area, but I had to try to deliver. So, I went to a nearby ice rink, and asked if they would fill two coolers with snow from the zamboni. They delivered! Without a thought they let me haul in my coolers, and fill them. We had an amazing snowball fight on party day!!

Thanks to Mary Smaragdis, also mother of the year, who lent me not only one of the coolers that I used, but also beautiful glass snowflakes for decorating the house, and tons of craft supplies so that we could "make" snowflakes as an activity! We were in a winter wonderland when it was 60 degrees outside!!

No comments: